|| Dust Sampling
|Available Outside the UK?
SKC HAZ-DUST 1 Real-Time Particulate Monitor
This is the SKC HAZ-Dust 1 Real-Time Particulate Monitor. If you want to eliminate repetitious and costly gravimetric air sampling and analysis then this product is the one for you.
The HAZ-DUST 1 at the touch of button provides real-time airborne particulate concentration in accordance with HIOSH Method 0600. It provides accurate instant data for a variety of uses including indoor air quality, hazardous materials investigations and industrial hygiene as it is an easy to use particulate monitor.
Features of the HAZ-Dust 1
- Easy operation and instantaneous readings in mg/m3
- Selectable dual measuring range feature > Particulate concentration measurements between 0.01 and 20 mg/m3 and from 0.1 to 200 mg/m3
- Easy-to-read digital display
- Highly sensitive - measurements down to 0.01 mg/m3 > Monitor OSHA/NIOSH reference methods
- Rechargeable 8-hr battery life > Low battery indicator
- Unique design provides protection from RFI/EMI
- Lightweight, rugged, and portable
- Optional tripod mounting
- Optional datalogger with user-selectable alarm threshold
- Easy-to-use DustComm Pro Software available with datalogger
For maximum automation of data collection, use the HAZ-DUST I Dust Monitor with the optional datalogger to provide data storage, on-screen display of statistics, and a user-selectable alarm threshold. The datalogger includes DustComm Pro Software for PC that provides statistical analysis and graphs.
HAZ-DUST I Applications
Click Here to be Directed to a Glossary of Terms for Air Sampling
- Indoor air quality monitoring
- Industrial hygiene investigations
- Workplace exposure monitoring
- Evaluating dust generation/suppression
- SARA Title III fugitive emissions monitoring
- Surveying for lung-damaging aerosols
- HazMat investigations
- Emergency response
A Note about Calibration
The HAZ-DUST I is factory calibrated for respirable particulate mass (size range 0.1 to 50 µm) with a 50% cut-point of 4.0 µm (± 10% with SAE fine test dust), which falls under the ACGIH/ ISO/CEN criteria. Calibration for thoracic particulate mass with a 50% cut-point of 10 µm is optional.
| Sensing Range || 0.01 to 200 mg/m3 |
| Display || LCD 3.5 digits mg/m3 concentration reading |
| Calibration || SAE fine test dust compared with NIOSH 0600 |
| Particle Size Range || 0.1 to 50 µm |
| Precision || ± 0.02 mg/m3 |
| Accuracy || ± 10% to NIOSH 0600 |
| Power || NiMH rechargeable battery |
| Operating Time || > 8 hours |
| Charging Time || 10 to 12 hrs |
| Humidity || 95% non-condensing |
| Dimensions || 9 x 2.75 x 1.5 in (22.9 x 7.0 x 3.8 cm) |
| Weight || 1.10 lbs (0.5kg) |